Wanna blog? Start your own hockey blog with My HockeyBuzz. Register for free today!

Forums :: Blog World :: Ben Shelley: Should the Kings re-sign Matt Roy?
Ben Shelley
Los Angeles Kings

Monday @ 11:45 AM ET
Ben Shelley: Should the Kings re-sign Matt Roy?
jmatchett383
Philadelphia Flyers

Monday @ 12:35 PM ET
Trade Doughty and resign Roy.
kingsfan626
Los Angeles Kings

Monday @ 2:34 PM ET
We need to start looking for the old Willie Mitchell/Matt Greene type players who punishes the other team for entering the zone. We have way too many soft players on D so if we can find a replacement then let him walk but we know Blake is going to continue down the same path.
poisondhearts37
Los Angeles Kings
Location: A goaltending coach, A few good bounces and the oilers are cup champions!!

Tuesday @ 1:41 AM ET
LA cant afford Roy. and need to heavily rely on Clarke stepping up. and spence as well
EssaMattou

Tuesday @ 3:56 AM ET
LA cant afford Roy. and need to heavily rely on Clarke stepping up. and spence as well
- poisondhearts37

All problems will change if we have enough money to buy players

Head Soccer
Tom Dusome
Season Ticket Holder

Tuesday @ 2:44 PM ET
The Toronto Maple Leafs are about to lose a very similar player in T.J. Brodie to free agency and I think for T.J. it is time for a change, so I could see Roy being a target for the Maple Leafs if not resigned. its a sensible replacement.

However,
something the first commenter has said on this post got me scared... trade Doughty... you can't predict the future but history does repeat it self...
I could very well see the Toronto Maple Leafs mortgaging their future by targeting someone like Doughty making a huge splash and have it not pay off.

But yes the Kings should explore options on Roy he will bring lots of attention if a sign and trade can be offered.
Slimtj100
New York Rangers

Yesterday @ 8:20 AM ET
We need to start looking for the old Willie Mitchell/Matt Greene type players who punishes the other team for entering the zone. We have way too many soft players on D so if we can find a replacement then let him walk but we know Blake is going to continue down the same path.
- kingsfan626

I posted this on cap friendly..FWIW, a couple LA fans didn’t hate it

Rangers get PLD, Kaliyev and Englund

LA gets Trouba, Kakko and Edstrom (promising center, he’s 6’7)
Only_A_Ladd
Los Angeles Kings

Yesterday @ 11:24 AM ET
I posted this on cap friendly..FWIW, a couple LA fans didn’t hate it

Rangers get PLD, Kaliyev and Englund

LA gets Trouba, Kakko and Edstrom (promising center, he’s 6’7)

- Slimtj100

It isn't awful at all. I think, though, since Blake is still GM, a deal like this won't happen. We are married to PLD. For now.
arh777
Los Angeles Kings

Yesterday @ 1:41 PM ET
- kingsfan626

Don’t say that! Blake will actually bring back Green, and Mitchell. Let Roy go…
gradyspop

Yesterday @ 7:30 PM ET
It at least has made me stop and go hmm... I will allow it.
stefano76
Los Angeles Kings

Today @ 1:49 PM ET
The Toronto Maple Leafs are about to lose a very similar player in T.J. Brodie to free agency and I think for T.J. it is time for a change, so I could see Roy being a target for the Maple Leafs if not resigned. its a sensible replacement.

However,
something the first commenter has said on this post got me scared... trade Doughty... you can't predict the future but history does repeat it self...
I could very well see the Toronto Maple Leafs mortgaging their future by targeting someone like Doughty making a huge splash and have it not pay off.

But yes the Kings should explore options on Roy he will bring lots of attention if a sign and trade can be offered.

- Tom Dusome

unlike how Quicks last season with LA went, i dont foresee Doughty nor Kopi being traded from LA...especially this late in their careers.

Toronto wants Zadorov and Tanev.