Wanna blog? Start your own hockey blog with My HockeyBuzz. Register for free today!
 
Forums :: New York Islanders :: Will the Islanders make the playoffs?
Author Message
Upstate_isles
New York Islanders
Location: NY
Joined: 05.12.2016

Dec 19 @ 4:45 PM ET
Anyone think he will sit for sbisa at least two games? Im hoping hickey gets healthy and sbisa is waived and pelech becomes the 7th d man
Vukota
New York Islanders
Joined: 06.29.2007

Dec 19 @ 5:09 PM ET
Awesome (frank)ing movie Upstate.
- Wildschwein

Because he dodges bullets Avi
ses111
New York Islanders
Location: United States, NY
Joined: 06.07.2008

Dec 19 @ 5:10 PM ET
New York Islanders
‏Verified account
@NYIslanders
26s27 seconds ago

#Isles Transactions: Thomas Hickey has been placed on IR (retroactive to 12/17). Devon Toews has been recalled from Bridgeport.



- eichiefs9




Is this for real?
Upstate_isles
New York Islanders
Location: NY
Joined: 05.12.2016

Dec 19 @ 5:10 PM ET
Because he dodges bullets Avi
- Vukota

That really is an awesome movie
Upstate_isles
New York Islanders
Location: NY
Joined: 05.12.2016

Dec 19 @ 5:19 PM ET


Is this for real?

- ses111

BeLIeve
ses111
New York Islanders
Location: United States, NY
Joined: 06.07.2008

Dec 19 @ 5:23 PM ET
BeLIeve
- Upstate_isles


It’s all locking in.
Upstate_isles
New York Islanders
Location: NY
Joined: 05.12.2016

Dec 19 @ 5:29 PM ET
It’s all locking in.
- ses111

If toews can be even an average d man its an upgrade but i think he will be better than that with his speed and outlet passes. Jhs has made the third line more dynamic this team is playing well I really think they stand a shot at the playoffs
JohnScammo
New York Islanders
Location: Now I can sell you a bridge AND a team in Brooklyn
Joined: 10.14.2014

Dec 19 @ 5:36 PM ET
If toews can be even an average d man its an upgrade but i think he will be better than that with his speed and outlet passes. Jhs has made the third line more dynamic this team is playing well I really think they stand a shot at the playoffs
- Upstate_isles

According to this guy's stats, they have a better than 50-50 chance....... 57% to be more exact.
http://www.playoffstatus....nhl/easternstandings.html
ses111
New York Islanders
Location: United States, NY
Joined: 06.07.2008

Dec 19 @ 5:42 PM ET
If toews can be even an average d man its an upgrade but i think he will be better than that with his speed and outlet passes. Jhs has made the third line more dynamic this team is playing well I really think they stand a shot at the playoffs
- Upstate_isles


Playoffs may not be out of reach. I thought the Isles are getting the big trips out of the way during this first half?Should have a good amount of home games left. I think Toews should fit in well with his speed and skill.
Upstate_isles
New York Islanders
Location: NY
Joined: 05.12.2016

Dec 19 @ 5:47 PM ET
According to this guy's stats, they have a better than 50-50 chance....... 57% to be more exact.
http://www.playoffstatus....nhl/easternstandings.html

- JohnScammo

56% for the isles all the numbers add up to 99
JohnScammo
New York Islanders
Location: Now I can sell you a bridge AND a team in Brooklyn
Joined: 10.14.2014

Dec 19 @ 5:57 PM ET
56% for the isles all the numbers add up to 99
- Upstate_isles

Look at the last column on the right......"No playoffs". It says they have a 43% chance of missing the playoffs. Subtract .43 from 1.00 and you get .57 .....or 57% chance of making the playoffs. The difference is just due to rounding.....

By the way, do refs need to be able to add 2 + 2, in case someone gets two minor penalties?
Upstate_isles
New York Islanders
Location: NY
Joined: 05.12.2016

Dec 19 @ 6:03 PM ET
Look at the last column on the right......"No playoffs". It says they have a 43% chance of missing the playoffs. Subtract .43 from 1.00 and you get .57 .....or 57% chance of making the playoffs. The difference is just due to rounding.....

By the way, do refs need to be able to add 2 + 2, in case someone gets two minor penalties?

- JohnScammo

12+12+18+3+5+43=99. As a ref im trained to see the big picture not just assume it added up to 100 and subtract 43
JohnScammo
New York Islanders
Location: Now I can sell you a bridge AND a team in Brooklyn
Joined: 10.14.2014

Dec 19 @ 6:12 PM ET
12+12+18+3+5+43=99. As a ref im trained to see the big picture not just assume it added up to 100 and subtract 43
- Upstate_isles

You missed my key sentence...."The difference is just due to rounding."

This guy does his stats going out more decimals than he indicates. He figures (correctly) that no one gives a poop whether they have a 12.1% chance or a 12.2% chance, so he just rounds off to 12%. (That's just an example.) . The point is that the 43% number is more precise than your sum of the rounded figures.

Next week we'll turn to the chapter entitled, "Rectangles and Trapezoids".
nyisles7
New York Islanders
Location: Lamoriello Shat Signings, NY
Joined: 01.20.2009

Dec 19 @ 6:14 PM ET
Anyone think he will sit for sbisa at least two games? Im hoping hickey gets healthy and sbisa is waived and pelech becomes the 7th d man
- Upstate_isles


I think Toews plays tomorrow.
nyisles7
New York Islanders
Location: Lamoriello Shat Signings, NY
Joined: 01.20.2009

Dec 19 @ 6:15 PM ET
12+12+18+3+5+43=99. As a ref im trained to see the big picture not just assume it added up to 100 and subtract 43
- Upstate_isles

Idiot Kunt
Upstate_isles
New York Islanders
Location: NY
Joined: 05.12.2016

Dec 19 @ 6:15 PM ET
You missed my key sentence...."The difference is just due to rounding."

This guy does his stats going out more decimals than he indicates. He figures (correctly) that no one gives a poop whether they have a 12.1% chance or a 12.2% chance, so he just rounds off to 12%. (That's just an example.) . The point is that the 43% number is more precise than your sum of the rounded figures.

Next week we'll turn to the chapter entitled, "Rectangles and Trapezoids".

- JohnScammo

Nope im not taking that into account, rounding is for pussies
JohnScammo
New York Islanders
Location: Now I can sell you a bridge AND a team in Brooklyn
Joined: 10.14.2014

Dec 19 @ 6:20 PM ET
Nope im not taking that into account, rounding is for pussies
- Upstate_isles

Upstate_isles
New York Islanders
Location: NY
Joined: 05.12.2016

Dec 19 @ 6:24 PM ET

- JohnScammo



JohnScammo
New York Islanders
Location: Now I can sell you a bridge AND a team in Brooklyn
Joined: 10.14.2014

Dec 19 @ 6:31 PM ET



- Upstate_isles



UIF
New York Islanders
Location: NY
Joined: 01.09.2009

Dec 19 @ 7:13 PM ET
Dal Colle just had a nice goal...patiently held on to it and pretty much skated around the goalie before sliding the puck in.
eichiefs9
New York Islanders
Location: Former star of the popular 'Meat Spin' video , NY
Joined: 11.03.2008

Dec 19 @ 7:16 PM ET
Dal Colle just had a nice goal...patiently held on to it and pretty much skated around the goalie before sliding the puck in.
- UIF

That's six goals on his last six shots
ses111
New York Islanders
Location: United States, NY
Joined: 06.07.2008

Dec 19 @ 7:21 PM ET
That's six goals on his last six shots
- eichiefs9


MDC wants to join the fun with JHS and the Isles.
UIF
New York Islanders
Location: NY
Joined: 01.09.2009

Dec 19 @ 7:23 PM ET
That's six goals on his last six shots
- eichiefs9

ses111
New York Islanders
Location: United States, NY
Joined: 06.07.2008

Dec 19 @ 7:29 PM ET

- UIF


MDC is like you are not sticking me on the 4th line next time.

Joined: 12.31.1969

Deleted Post []
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399, 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527, 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542, 543, 544, 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561, 562, 563, 564, 565, 566, 567, 568, 569, 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579, 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585, 586, 587, 588, 589, 590, 591, 592, 593, 594, 595, 596, 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627, 628, 629, 630, 631, 632, 633, 634, 635, 636, 637, 638, 639, 640, 641, 642, 643, 644, 645, 646, 647, 648, 649, 650, 651, 652, 653, 654, 655, 656, 657, 658, 659, 660, 661, 662, 663, 664, 665, 666, 667, 668, 669, 670, 671, 672, 673, 674, 675, 676, 677, 678, 679, 680, 681, 682, 683, 684, 685, 686, 687, 688, 689, 690, 691, 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697, 698, 699, 700, 701, 702, 703, 704, 705, 706, 707, 708, 709, 710, 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716, 717, 718, 719, 720, 721, 722, 723, 724, 725, 726, 727, 728, 729, 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736, 737, 738, 739, 740, 741, 742, 743, 744, 745, 746, 747, 748, 749, 750, 751, 752, 753, 754, 755, 756, 757, 758, 759, 760, 761, 762, 763, 764, 765, 766, 767, 768, 769, 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777, 778, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784, 785, 786, 787, 788, 789, 790, 791, 792, 793, 794, 795, 796, 797, 798, 799, 800, 801, 802, 803, 804, 805, 806, 807, 808, 809, 810, 811, 812, 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819, 820, 821, 822, 823, 824, 825, 826, 827, 828, 829, 830, 831, 832, 833, 834, 835, 836, 837, 838, 839, 840, 841, 842, 843, 844, 845, 846, 847, 848, 849, 850, 851, 852, 853, 854, 855, 856, 857, 858, 859, 860, 861, 862, 863, 864, 865, 866, 867, 868, 869, 870, 871, 872, 873, 874, 875, 876, 877, 878, 879, 880, 881, 882, 883, 884, 885, 886, 887, 888, 889, 890, 891, 892, 893, 894, 895, 896, 897, 898, 899, 900, 901, 902, 903, 904, 905, 906, 907, 908, 909, 910, 911, 912, 913, 914, 915, 916, 917, 918, 919, 920, 921, 922, 923, 924, 925, 926, 927, 928, 929, 930, 931, 932, 933, 934, 935, 936, 937, 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943, 944, 945, 946, 947, 948, 949, 950, 951, 952, 953, 954, 955, 956, 957, 958, 959, 960, 961, 962, 963, 964, 965, 966, 967, 968, 969, 970, 971, 972, 973, 974, 975, 976, 977, 978, 979, 980, 981, 982, 983, 984, 985, 986, 987, 988, 989, 990, 991, 992, 993, 994, 995, 996, 997, 998, 999, 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1008, 1009, 1010, 1011, 1012, 1013, 1014, 1015, 1016, 1017, 1018, 1019, 1020, 1021, 1022, 1023, 1024, 1025, 1026, 1027, 1028, 1029, 1030, 1031, 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040, 1041, 1042, 1043, 1044, 1045, 1046, 1047, 1048, 1049, 1050, 1051, 1052, 1053, 1054, 1055, 1056, 1057, 1058, 1059, 1060, 1061, 1062, 1063, 1064, 1065, 1066, 1067, 1068, 1069, 1070, 1071, 1072, 1073, 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087, 1088, 1089, 1090, 1091, 1092, 1093, 1094, 1095, 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099, 1100, 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104, 1105, 1106, 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118, 1119, 1120, 1121, 1122, 1123, 1124, 1125, 1126, 1127, 1128, 1129, 1130, 1131, 1132, 1133, 1134, 1135, 1136, 1137, 1138, 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146, 1147, 1148, 1149, 1150, 1151, 1152, 1153, 1154, 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161, 1162, 1163, 1164, 1165, 1166, 1167, 1168, 1169, 1170, 1171, 1172, 1173, 1174, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190, 1191, 1192, 1193, 1194, 1195, 1196, 1197, 1198, 1199, 1200, 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208, 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212, 1213, 1214, 1215, 1216, 1217, 1218, 1219, 1220, 1221, 1222, 1223, 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228, 1229, 1230, 1231, 1232, 1233, 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240, 1241, 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245, 1246, 1247, 1248, 1249, 1250, 1251, 1252, 1253, 1254, 1255, 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261, 1262, 1263, 1264, 1265, 1266, 1267, 1268, 1269, 1270, 1271, 1272, 1273, 1274, 1275, 1276, 1277, 1278, 1279, 1280, 1281, 1282, 1283, 1284, 1285, 1286, 1287, 1288, 1289, 1290, 1291, 1292, 1293, 1294, 1295, 1296, 1297, 1298, 1299, 1300, 1301, 1302, 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309, 1310, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 1315, 1316, 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320, 1321, 1322, 1323, 1324, 1325, 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332, 1333, 1334, 1335, 1336, 1337, 1338, 1339, 1340, 1341, 1342, 1343, 1344, 1345, 1346, 1347, 1348, 1349, 1350, 1351, 1352, 1353, 1354, 1355, 1356, 1357, 1358, 1359, 1360, 1361, 1362, 1363, 1364, 1365, 1366, 1367, 1368, 1369, 1370, 1371, 1372, 1373, 1374, 1375, 1376, 1377, 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384, 1385, 1386, 1387, 1388, 1389, 1390  Next