1) Well, I, for one, felt the All-Star weekend was highly entertaining, from the draft, to Chara's slap-shot records, to the game which featured spectacular goals with no defense, and my favorite part--the end which signifies the commencement of the NHL's crucial part of the schedule.
2) Believe it, or not, and it's much harder to believe, the Canadiens still have a chance at the playoffs. That chance grows or completely evaporates with the outcome of their games this week, three of four to take place at the Bell Centre
Home to Buffalo, tomorrow.
On the road in Jersey, Thursday.
Back-to-back matinees at the Bell Centre, this weekend, with Washington and Winnipeg. The Habs are hoping to meet the two "Ws" with two "Ws".
3) Could this be the week that Ryan White practices with the team?
4) Will we see Andrei Markov play a game this season? Should we?
5) If you had to pick a Canadien that's most likely to move before the trade deadline, who would it be?
My money's on Hal Gill.
6) You have to think that Travis Moen's very likely to move as well. If they don't plan on giving him a contract at the end of the season, then they better cut ties.
On the one hand Pierre Gauthier's already admitted they're trying to get bigger up front. On the other, this administration hasn't really shown that they view the kind of player Moen is as a necessity to sign through free agency.
See Dominic Moore, Glen Metropolit and Jeff Halpern before Moen...
7) As for Andrei Kostitsyn, he's the biggest question mark of all.
Will he be tempted to go to market?
Does he want to stay as much as we think he does?
Do they want to keep him?
8) Will the Canadiens come to terms on a new deal for Price before the season reaches its conclusion?
They'd be wise to get it out of the way and know what they have to spend on the market, and on their other players up for deals, like P.K. Subban and Lars Eller.
9) The Canadiens have nearly $4.2 million saved up on long-term injury reserve. Imagine where that money will go if they win their next four or five games?
Alright... it's pretty hard to imagine.
10) Which team is most likely to emerge from the depths of the Eastern Conference to steal a playoff spot away from an overachieving team in the Top 8?
c) Tampa Bay
d) New York Islanders