LOVED the discussion yesterday between MacKinnon and Matthews...
Lets keep it going today..and this one should be a hell of a lot of fun...
Who's Better:Carey Price vs Andrei Vasilevskiy?
In the NHLPA Poll this year it wasn't close...The Players overwhelmingly feel that Price is the better goalie... How about you...
First... The combatants!
In this corner...Carey Price
* 6'3" 226...32 years old, born in the awesome city of Vancouver.
* In Juniors in 2006 he won the Del Wilson Trophy (WHL goaltender) and the CHL Goaltender of the Year award.
* Was drafted 5th overall by the Montreal Canadiens amidst some controversy that the Habs were passing up on a French Canadian kid...damn I can't even remember his name!! (a little help...starts with a G....)
* He's won every possible tournament EXCEPT a Stanley Cup....The Calder Cup, World juniors, Olympics, World Cup...etc..
* 624 Games in the NHL. 2.47 GAA .918 Sv%
* All Star in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019
* Won the Vezina, the Hart, the Jennings, The Ted Lindsay in 2015. ONLY player to ever do so..
* Yet he is probably the fourth best Goalie in Habs History behind Plante, Dryden and Roy.
In this corner...Andrei Vasilevskiy
* 6'2" 207 from Russia with Love (He is a big goalie but doesn't play like a super big goalie)
* Nicknamed the Big Cat
* Won the Alexei Cherepanov Award 2014 (KHLs Rookie of the year)
* Won the Vezina in 2019
* All Star in 2018,19,20
* Named to the WJC all DECADE team 2019
* In 2017-18 Set Lightning Record for for wins, saves and shutouts in a single season, despite also setting the record for most shots against.
Obviously the Big Cat has less years under his belt than Price but my question to you:
Do you agree with the players on the one?
Is Carey Price Better or is Andrei Vasilevskiy Better?