Wanna blog? Start your own hockey blog with My HockeyBuzz. Register for free today!

Forums :: Atlanta Thrashers :: Why?

Aug 25 @ 5:13 PM ET
Is this board still open? They never had fans in the first place and now they don't have a team.
alex_nrv
Montreal Canadiens

Aug 26 @ 3:31 PM ET
lol!
And I just noticed that they don't even have ONE SINGLE page of threads...!!! LOL.
Thrashers fail... --> to trash.
Lahey
Edmonton Oilers

Aug 26 @ 4:11 PM ET
lol!
And I just noticed that they don't even have ONE SINGLE page of threads...!!! LOL.

- alex_nrv

And 3/4 are probably non-thrasher related anyway.
natowar
Vancouver Canucks

Aug 27 @ 2:36 PM ET
I just thought about that the other day, how at least Nashville, amidst all the talk of low cash etc has a clear growing fan base, Atlanta and Phoenix seem to have no fans anywhere. The real question is if a franchise falls in the league and there were no fans around to notice,did it ever exist?
alex_nrv
Montreal Canadiens

Aug 27 @ 11:57 PM ET
I just thought about that the other day, how at least Nashville, amidst all the talk of low cash etc has a clear growing fan base, Atlanta and Phoenix seem to have no fans anywhere. The real question is if a franchise falls in the league and there were no fans around to notice,did it ever exist?
- natowar

Love it...!
Just like saying: "If there is a tree falling in the forest and there is no one to ear it, will it make any sound crashing down?"

XLB
Winnipeg Jets

Sep 14 @ 11:32 AM ET
I hope all of you have a very bad day.
Lahey
Edmonton Oilers

Sep 14 @ 11:33 AM ET
I hope all of you have a very bad day.
- XLB

Took 3 weeks to post this. I think the OP stands.
XLB
Winnipeg Jets

Sep 14 @ 11:38 AM ET
- Lahey

We have no team dimwit. I have chosen to root for the players I love instead of ditching the whole thing all together.

We are all hockey fans. Why this site has so many 'hockey fans' that bash other hockey fans for where they live; I will never understand.

I will most likely chose not to respond to your next post so don't bother.
jsr1034
New York Islanders

Sep 14 @ 3:17 PM ET
lol!

- alex_nrv

Yea because obviously the people posting on hockeybuzz represent the whole fanbase.....
prock
Vegas Golden Knights

Sep 14 @ 5:02 PM ET
Yea because obviously the people posting on hockeybuzz represent the whole fanbase.....
- jsr1034

Well, to an extent, it does. the biggest fanbases are likely to most represented on here. The smallest ones, the least represented. I feel for the lone Thrashers fan that posted here, and it's nice to see he'll be following other teams/players, but the reality is, the fact that it took any Thrashers fan three weeks to find this, is actually pretty much indicative of the support the team had.

If the Leafs/Habs/Sens/Oilers.... Hell, even the Sabres or Avalanche, left the city, the outcry on here would be over the top. It would probably take YEARS for posting to slow down, if it were one of the first four teams.

It's probably not too nice to be making fun of the few that actually DID support the team, and love hockey enough to post here. They weren't the problem. That there weren't more of them, is the problem.

PS - for the record, there were only 2 threads started by Thrash fans here.
alex_nrv
Montreal Canadiens

Sep 14 @ 5:03 PM ET
- jsr1034

The Islanders had the worst attendance in 2010-2011 and the Thrashers were 3rd worst, right after Phoenix.

The Thrashers failed, and they moved somewhere people will actually appreciate and support them, and I believe they will complete many pages on HB.

No, the posters on HB don't accurately represent the fanbase, but it gives a damn good idea!
Too bad for Atlanters! They had a nice team.
alex_nrv
Montreal Canadiens

Sep 14 @ 5:05 PM ET
- Lahey

lol!
alex_nrv
Montreal Canadiens

Sep 14 @ 5:07 PM ET
Well, to an extent, it does. the biggest fanbases are likely to most represented on here. The smallest ones, the least represented. I feel for the lone Thrashers fan that posted here, and it's nice to see he'll be following other teams/players, but the reality is, the fact that it took any Thrashers fan three weeks to find this, is actually pretty much indicative of the support the team had.

If the Leafs/Habs/Sens/Oilers.... Hell, even the Sabres or Avalanche, left the city, the outcry on here would be over the top. It would probably take YEARS for posting to slow down, if it were one of the first four teams.

It's probably not too nice to be making fun of the few that actually DID support the team, and love hockey enough to post here. They weren't the problem. That there weren't more of them, is the problem.

PS - for the record, there were only 2 threads started by Thrash fans here.

- prock

et voilĂ ...
jsr1034
New York Islanders

Sep 14 @ 5:28 PM ET
The Islanders had the worst attendance in 2010-2011 and the Thrashers were 3rd worst, right after Phoenix.

The Thrashers failed, and they moved somewhere people will actually appreciate and support them, and I believe they will complete many pages on HB.

No, the posters on HB don't accurately represent the fanbase, but it gives a damn good idea!
Too bad for Atlanters! They had a nice team.

- alex_nrv

The Isles had nothing to do with this conversation but thanks for adding that in.

Several teams on here have pretty much non-existent fanbases on this site but have good attendance. Tampa, St Louis, Washington, etc. So the number of posters in this site for a certain fanbase mean absolutely nothing. Hell, St Louis was 7th in attendance last season and the last 3 blogs of theirs have 32 combined comments.
jsr1034
New York Islanders

Sep 19 @ 1:52 PM ET
The Isles had nothing to do with this conversation but thanks for adding that in.

Several teams on here have pretty much non-existent fanbases on this site but have good attendance. Tampa, St Louis, Washington, etc. So the number of posters in this site for a certain fanbase mean absolutely nothing. Hell, St Louis was 7th in attendance last season and the last 3 blogs of theirs have 32 combined comments.

- jsr1034

I guess alex won't be responding to this after being proved wrong. Thanks for playing
prock
Vegas Golden Knights

Sep 19 @ 1:57 PM ET
I guess alex won't be responding to this after being proved wrong. Thanks for playing
- jsr1034

umm, I wouldnt say youve really "proven" anything.
jsr1034
New York Islanders

Sep 19 @ 2:04 PM ET
umm, I wouldnt say youve really "proven" anything.
- prock

Lucky you me I wasn't talking to you but thanks for the input
prock
Vegas Golden Knights

Sep 19 @ 3:17 PM ET
Lucky you me I wasn't talking to you but thanks for the input
- jsr1034

whatever. Keep gloating about some non-existent victory then.
Crimsoninja
Philadelphia Flyers
Location: Dude, I am so sorry about whatever made you like this. Take it easy.

Sep 19 @ 5:49 PM ET
- jsr1034

Crimsoninja
Philadelphia Flyers

Sep 19 @ 5:50 PM ET
whatever. Keep gloating about some non-existent victory then.
- prock

YEAH
alex_nrv
Montreal Canadiens

Sep 19 @ 5:52 PM ET
- alex_nrv
jsr1034
New York Islanders

Sep 19 @ 5:59 PM ET
[quote=alex_nrv]
no, not really. again, the blues and caps are both in the top 10 in highest attendance and pretty much no posters on the site. that does not "give a damn good idea"
Crimsoninja
Philadelphia Flyers

Sep 19 @ 6:03 PM ET
no, not really. again, the blues and caps are both in the top 10 in highest attendance and pretty much no posters on the site. that does not "give a damn good idea"
- jsr1034

your move, alex
alex_nrv
Montreal Canadiens

Sep 19 @ 6:07 PM ET
Let it be "it gives an idea", then.
Crimsoninja
Philadelphia Flyers

Sep 19 @ 6:13 PM ET
Let it be "it gives an idea", then.
- alex_nrv

jsr, can you accept these terms?
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next