Wanna blog? Start your own hockey blog with My HockeyBuzz. Register for free today!

Forums :: New York Islanders :: Will the Islanders make the playoffs?
Upstate_isles
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:15 PM ET
Ah, crap. Nevermind then. It was just a 3 second clip from one of his best skits of Chappelle going "Katie has some big-ass tittays"
- eichiefs9

The rick james skit was the best one he ever did hands down although clayton bixby was pretty close
Cptmjl
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:17 PM ET
I think everyone is, more or less, on the same page about Beau. If a top-flight winger or really good center became available and the deal was fair, we'd be OK moving him. Otherwise, he's developing extremely well and is on pace for another 20+ goal season before the age of 22. He's going to be a damn fine NHL player. Not a superstar, but an important cog in the system.
- eichiefs9

Ok McKenzie.
eichiefs9
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:17 PM ET
The rick james skit was the best one he ever did hands down although clayton bixby was pretty close
- Upstate_isles

I'm still always floored when I realize that the Clayton Bigsby skit was the first episode ever. He came flying out of the gate with that show.

My personal favorite will always be the Player Haters Ball. Wasn't the most popular one, but nothing makes me laugh harder than this part:

eichiefs9
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:18 PM ET
Ok McKenzie.
- Cptmjl

Spuds?
Vukota
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:28 PM ET
I'm still always floored when I realize that the Clayton Bigsby skit was the first episode ever. He came flying out of the gate with that show.

My personal favorite will always be the Player Haters Ball. Wasn't the most popular one, but nothing makes me laugh harder than this part:

- eichiefs9

For me its the Real World & The Niggars
JimmyP
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:29 PM ET
- Upstate_isles

eichiefs9
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:30 PM ET
For me its the Real World & The Niggars
- Vukota

Yeah those are both right at the top for me too

"I didn't have sex with Katie. Lysol had sex with Katie"

No Tyrone, you had sex with me too

"Correction. I had sex with Katie"

eichiefs9
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:32 PM ET
22. For about 10 seconds, Anders Lee admitted, the Islanders were annoyed at themselves for losing a point Tuesday night in Chicago. Then, the players remembered Mathew Barzal lining up on the wrong side of the ice to take his shootout attempt.

“How could we not laugh and razz him?” the’ captain asked, the smile obvious through the telephone.

What a first half for the Islanders, the NHL’s most pleasant surprise — leaders of the Metropolitan Division. Asked about All-Star Weekend vacation plans, Lee said, “I’m going to be with half the league in the Bahamas.”

But you’re going there much happier than most, right?

“Yes, we’ll have bragging rights,” he replied with a laugh. “We’re going to walk around proudly.”

What would he have said if told in September this would happen?

“‘Where do I sign?’”

23. Another NHL executive said the Islanders’ strength is that they play their system so well they keep themselves in games. That increases the chances of finding a way to win.

“Every night we have a feeling that there’s not much to worry about,” Lee said. “We’re poised on the bench. Calm. If you stick to the plan and play the right way, you’re in a good spot. Getting production from different guys every night is a huge part of the morale. A lot of us believe in the guys in our room and who we have. The work we have done is validating that. It’s different. Things are different.”

24. Did any of Lou Lamoriello’s rules surprise him, or seem unusually difficult?

“Well, I can barely grow a beard, so that’s not much of an issue for me,” he laughed. “You just do it. Don’t argue.”

Lee paused.

“We needed it in a way. If you understand what I’m saying here, the rules were easy to follow because they are perfect timing for us.”

25. Lee is unrestricted this summer. “This is my home. I don’t see anything that makes me want to do anything different. I’m not worried about it.”

26. Whenever I’d ask Garth Snow or Doug Weight about prospects to come, both would mention Devon Toews. That prediction is looks better by the day.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/...-oilers-chiarelli-firing/

Regarding the bolded...you can practically feel him wanting to say "because their predecessors were a total (frank)ing joke"
kindlyrick
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:42 PM ET
22. For about 10 seconds, Anders Lee admitted, the Islanders were annoyed at themselves for losing a point Tuesday night in Chicago. Then, the players remembered Mathew Barzal lining up on the wrong side of the ice to take his shootout attempt.

“How could we not laugh and razz him?” the’ captain asked, the smile obvious through the telephone.

What a first half for the Islanders, the NHL’s most pleasant surprise — leaders of the Metropolitan Division. Asked about All-Star Weekend vacation plans, Lee said, “I’m going to be with half the league in the Bahamas.”

“Yes, we’ll have bragging rights,” he replied with a laugh. “We’re going to walk around proudly.”

“‘Where do I sign?’”

23. Another NHL executive said the Islanders’ strength is that they play their system so well they keep themselves in games. That increases the chances of finding a way to win.

“Every night we have a feeling that there’s not much to worry about,” Lee said. “We’re poised on the bench. Calm. If you stick to the plan and play the right way, you’re in a good spot. Getting production from different guys every night is a huge part of the morale. A lot of us believe in the guys in our room and who we have. The work we have done is validating that. It’s different. Things are different.”

24. Did any of Lou Lamoriello’s rules surprise him, or seem unusually difficult?

“Well, I can barely grow a beard, so that’s not much of an issue for me,” he laughed. “You just do it. Don’t argue.”

Lee paused.

“We needed it in a way. If you understand what I’m saying here, the rules were easy to follow because they are perfect timing for us.”

25. Lee is unrestricted this summer. “This is my home. I don’t see anything that makes me want to do anything different. I’m not worried about it.”

26. Whenever I’d ask Garth Snow or Doug Weight about prospects to come, both would mention Devon Toews. That prediction is looks better by the day.

Regarding the bolded...you can practically feel him wanting to say "because their predecessors were a total (frank)ing joke"

- eichiefs9

Thanks for sharing this. I had the same thoughts. You can feel the confidence in him.....that’s a big deal. I’m confident that wearing the C means something to Anders and it seems he wants to be here. He’s not just saying what people wanna hear.
Wildschwein
Edmonton Oilers
Location: Jumping ship from the Oil to the Isles is like jumping from the Titanic directly onto the Bismark

Jan 24 @ 12:42 PM ET

“‘Where do I sign?’”

Lee paused.

- eichiefs9

He's just too polite to say it. He's oddly Canadian in his demeanour.
Ddomnitch
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:43 PM ET
Yeah those are both right at the top for me too

"I didn't have sex with Katie. Lysol had sex with Katie"

No Tyrone, you had sex with me too

"Correction. I had sex with Katie"

- eichiefs9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eafRE74JGZ8

This sketch is getting some serious play these days

kindlyrick
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:45 PM ET
He's just too polite to say it. He's oddly Canadian in his demeanour.
- Wildschwein

He said it without saying it. Brilliant.
ses111
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:45 PM ET

“‘Where do I sign?’”

Lee paused.

- eichiefs9

These players know how bad things were. Everyone knew what the real problems were except NBC and other hockey experts. They only talked about the roster. If the Isles had two star players and still struggled under Cappy and Weight, the experts wouls say the Isles needed a 3rd star.
eichiefs9
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:53 PM ET
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eafRE74JGZ8

This sketch is getting some serious play these days

- Ddomnitch

What do you get when you cross a pirate and a pedophile?

ARRR Kelly
eichiefs9
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:54 PM ET

These players know how bad things were. Everyone knew what the real problems were except NBC and other hockey experts. They only talked about the roster. If the Isles had two star players and still struggled under Cappy and Weight, the experts wouls say the Isles needed a 3rd star.

- ses111

I'm not even sure they knew. I think the guys that grew up with the Isles didn't know better. And I think the older vets that signed here were just in it for the money (a few already had their Cup) and didn't care.
niteislander
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 12:58 PM ET

- eichiefs9

Fantastic show... my top 3 are
1. rick james
2. Prince
3. racial draft.
eichiefs9
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 1:03 PM ET
Fantastic show... my top 3 are
1. rick james
2. Prince
3. racial draft.

- niteislander

It wasn't the best skit, but probably one of my top-3 favorite lines ever was this one:

Vukota
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 1:07 PM ET

“‘Where do I sign?’”

Lee paused.

- eichiefs9

Exactly
Vukota
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 1:08 PM ET
It wasn't the best skit, but probably one of my top-3 favorite lines ever was this one:

- eichiefs9

The stick up at the end was the best!!
ses111
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 1:12 PM ET
I'm not even sure they knew. I think the guys that grew up with the Isles didn't know better. And I think the older vets that signed here were just in it for the money (a few already had their Cup) and didn't care.
- eichiefs9

Most Isles fans on HB knew and we are just smarter.

You watch enough hockey or play enough hockey should tell you have all dmen activating and having no D structure is not the way towards long term success.
eichiefs9
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 1:13 PM ET

You watch enough hockey or play enough hockey should tell you have all dmen activating and having no D structure is not the way towards long term success.

- ses111

Correct but battle level is the most important thing in hockey
ses111
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 1:15 PM ET
Correct but battle level is the most important thing in hockey
- eichiefs9

Isles did not even have the battle level under Cappy and Doug. I was funny reading the comments from many non Isles fans stating the Isles needed a goalie or dman and no word about the lousy coaching.
niteislander
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 1:58 PM ET

- ses111

I still for the life of me can't believe what happened last year. I turned it off a million times just b/c I did not want my kid watching it. .... The were doing everything you learn from the time you are 8 wrong. it was horrific to watch.
JimmyP
New York Islanders

Jan 24 @ 2:01 PM ET

Isles did not even have the battle level under Cappy and Doug. I was funny reading the comments from many non Isles fans stating the Isles needed a goalie or dman and no word about the lousy coaching.

- ses111

That was the whole problem. If they could've gotten their battle level high enough Crappy's system would've worked flawlessly!

Deleted Post []
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399, 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527, 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542, 543, 544, 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561, 562, 563, 564, 565, 566, 567, 568, 569, 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579, 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585, 586, 587, 588, 589, 590, 591, 592, 593, 594, 595, 596, 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627, 628, 629, 630, 631, 632, 633, 634, 635, 636, 637, 638, 639, 640, 641, 642, 643, 644, 645, 646, 647, 648, 649, 650, 651, 652, 653, 654, 655, 656, 657, 658, 659, 660, 661, 662, 663, 664, 665, 666, 667, 668, 669, 670, 671, 672, 673, 674, 675, 676, 677, 678, 679, 680, 681, 682, 683, 684, 685, 686, 687, 688, 689, 690, 691, 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697, 698, 699, 700, 701, 702, 703, 704, 705, 706, 707, 708, 709, 710, 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716, 717, 718, 719, 720, 721, 722, 723, 724, 725, 726, 727, 728, 729, 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736, 737, 738, 739, 740, 741, 742, 743, 744, 745, 746, 747, 748, 749, 750, 751, 752, 753, 754, 755, 756, 757, 758, 759, 760, 761, 762, 763, 764, 765, 766, 767, 768, 769, 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777, 778, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784, 785, 786, 787, 788, 789, 790, 791, 792, 793, 794, 795, 796, 797, 798, 799, 800, 801, 802, 803, 804, 805, 806, 807, 808, 809, 810, 811, 812, 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819, 820, 821, 822, 823, 824, 825, 826, 827, 828, 829, 830, 831, 832, 833, 834, 835, 836, 837, 838, 839, 840, 841, 842, 843, 844, 845, 846, 847, 848, 849, 850, 851, 852, 853, 854, 855, 856, 857, 858, 859, 860, 861, 862, 863, 864, 865, 866, 867, 868, 869, 870, 871, 872, 873, 874, 875, 876, 877, 878, 879, 880, 881, 882, 883, 884, 885, 886, 887, 888, 889, 890, 891, 892, 893, 894, 895, 896, 897, 898, 899, 900, 901, 902, 903, 904, 905, 906, 907, 908, 909, 910, 911, 912, 913, 914, 915, 916, 917, 918, 919, 920, 921, 922, 923, 924, 925, 926, 927, 928, 929, 930, 931, 932, 933, 934, 935, 936, 937, 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943, 944, 945, 946, 947, 948, 949, 950, 951, 952, 953, 954, 955, 956, 957, 958, 959, 960, 961, 962, 963, 964, 965, 966, 967, 968, 969, 970, 971, 972, 973, 974, 975, 976, 977, 978, 979, 980, 981, 982, 983, 984, 985, 986, 987, 988, 989, 990, 991, 992, 993, 994, 995, 996, 997, 998, 999, 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1008, 1009, 1010, 1011, 1012, 1013, 1014, 1015, 1016, 1017, 1018, 1019, 1020, 1021, 1022, 1023, 1024, 1025, 1026, 1027, 1028, 1029, 1030, 1031, 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040, 1041, 1042, 1043, 1044, 1045, 1046, 1047, 1048, 1049, 1050, 1051, 1052, 1053, 1054, 1055, 1056, 1057, 1058, 1059, 1060, 1061, 1062, 1063, 1064, 1065, 1066, 1067, 1068, 1069, 1070, 1071, 1072, 1073, 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087, 1088, 1089, 1090, 1091, 1092, 1093, 1094, 1095, 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099, 1100, 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104, 1105, 1106, 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118, 1119, 1120, 1121, 1122, 1123, 1124, 1125, 1126, 1127, 1128, 1129, 1130, 1131, 1132, 1133, 1134, 1135, 1136, 1137, 1138, 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146, 1147, 1148, 1149, 1150, 1151, 1152, 1153, 1154, 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161, 1162, 1163, 1164, 1165, 1166, 1167, 1168, 1169, 1170, 1171, 1172, 1173, 1174, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190, 1191, 1192, 1193, 1194, 1195, 1196, 1197, 1198, 1199, 1200, 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208, 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212, 1213, 1214, 1215, 1216, 1217, 1218, 1219, 1220, 1221, 1222, 1223, 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228, 1229, 1230, 1231, 1232, 1233, 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240, 1241, 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245, 1246, 1247, 1248, 1249, 1250, 1251, 1252, 1253, 1254, 1255, 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261, 1262, 1263, 1264, 1265, 1266, 1267, 1268, 1269, 1270, 1271, 1272, 1273, 1274, 1275, 1276, 1277, 1278, 1279, 1280, 1281, 1282, 1283, 1284, 1285, 1286, 1287, 1288, 1289, 1290, 1291, 1292, 1293, 1294, 1295, 1296, 1297, 1298, 1299, 1300, 1301, 1302, 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309, 1310, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 1315, 1316, 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320, 1321, 1322, 1323, 1324, 1325, 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332, 1333, 1334, 1335, 1336, 1337, 1338, 1339, 1340, 1341, 1342, 1343, 1344, 1345, 1346, 1347, 1348, 1349, 1350, 1351, 1352, 1353, 1354, 1355, 1356, 1357, 1358, 1359, 1360, 1361, 1362, 1363, 1364, 1365, 1366, 1367, 1368, 1369, 1370, 1371, 1372, 1373, 1374, 1375, 1376, 1377, 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384, 1385, 1386, 1387, 1388, 1389, 1390  Next