Wanna blog? Start your own hockey blog with My HockeyBuzz. Register for free today!

Forums :: New York Islanders :: Will the Islanders make the playoffs?
Upstate_isles
New York Islanders

Sep 11 @ 11:08 PM ET
Hahahahaha I’m going to miss you👋
- Cptmjl

youre a joke
nyisles7
New York Islanders

Sep 11 @ 11:18 PM ET
You know this isn’t aimed at anyone in particular but I was a miserable phuck at one time and I decided to become my own boss and become my own boss and joined Uber.

Best decision of my life and recommend it highly.
Cptmjl
New York Islanders

Sep 11 @ 11:21 PM ET
youre a joke
- Upstate_isles

Wow you’re really upset and super sensitive. Like a chick.
Cptmjl
New York Islanders

Sep 11 @ 11:23 PM ET
You know this isn’t aimed at anyone in particular but I was a miserable phuck at one time and I decided to become my own boss and become my own boss and joined Uber.

Best decision of my life and recommend it highly.

- nyisles7

How do you find the time to Uber with all of the parties with celebrities and hockey games with world class talent?
Upstate_isles
New York Islanders

Sep 11 @ 11:28 PM ET
Wow you’re really upset and super sensitive. Like a chick.
- Cptmjl

Cptmjl
New York Islanders

Sep 11 @ 11:30 PM ET

- Upstate_isles

This will cheer you up.

https://hockeybuzz.com/bl...untdown-to-camp/120/94700
nyisles7
New York Islanders

Sep 11 @ 11:38 PM ET
How do you find the time to Uber with all of the parties with celebrities and hockey games with world class talent?
- Cptmjl

That’s the beauty of it. You can go to the Nok Hockey Club. Go to the Bar have a couple beers with Matt Martin. Then go discuss Konopka and PA’s businesses. Go fishing or whatever and then go make some money driving whenever you want.

You may want to try it. It could help pull the panties out of your ass
Cptmjl
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 12:01 AM ET
That’s the beauty of it. You can go to the Nok Hockey Club. Go to the Bar have a couple beers with Matt Martin. Then go discuss Konopka and PA’s businesses. Go fishing or whatever and then go make some money driving whenever you want.

You may want to try it. It could help pull the panties out of your ass

- nyisles7

I’m fine with the panties right where they are there pal.
nyisles7
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 12:25 AM ET
I’m fine with the panties right where they are there pal.
- Cptmjl

Ok up to you Cranky, but your missing out.
kindlyrick
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 8:10 AM ET
Speaking of calling out the former captain

https://nypost.com/2018/0...__twitter_impression=true

- Upstate_isles

I didn’t really take that as calling him out. I thought it was more just addressing an elephant in the room for the media and or fans who keep bringing it up to him.
kindlyrick
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 8:17 AM ET
Absolutely. I just don’t think it was neccesary to have three fourth lines and have terrible players under contract for multiple years. Trotz and Lou have been saying they want to see what Ho Sang has. Filppula ntc/nmc along with Komorav. Matt Martin. Cizikas and clutter unmovable without even factoring in Kunachkl and Johnston just signed. How will he or any other kid crack this line up of over priced garbage? You know one of Seidenberg or Sbisa will be signed and they’re both two piles of shat and they’ll block Toews without even mentioning hickey. Book it. This is when these signings will really start rearing their ugly head.
- Cptmjl

I think the best players will play period. If Toews is ready and isn’t out of place he’s going to play of someone like Sbisa. I’m not worried about any 3rd liners blocking a more talented youngster if they’re ready. I hear what you’re saying but i do believe all the signings were for a reason. Even if that reason is as a healthy scratch.
kindlyrick
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 8:21 AM ET
All kidding aside if either Ho Sang or Bellows made the team it wouldn’t be in the top 6 and of course they better not throw them on the 4th line that goes without saying. Their only shot would’ve been the 3rd line with our top 6 pretty much settled.

Between Clutterbuck, Cizikas, Martin, Komarov, moose knuckle, Johnston, Fliipula, and whoever else I know I’m forgetting it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion that’s not happening. Three of those guys are our third line. Now I’m not saying either of them deserve to play on the third line or with the big club for that matter BUT there’s not a chance they’re making it the way it looks now. Johnston was just an example not the topic.

Forget about the defense with Hickey being extended and still here and Toews more than likely being blocked.

I get it we don’t know what’s going to happen and we have to see how it plays out but what it looks like right now is exactly what I just stated. Have to play these kids eventually having a bunch of kids breaking into the league in their mid twenties to me seems a little stupid especially with what’s potentially blocking them.

- Cptmjl

Clutterbuck, Cizikas and Martin make up the fourth

Fillipula, “moose knuckle, and Komarov make up the third. Johnston will be in the A. So where is the blocking of the youth up front? The talented youth I.E Ho Sang and Bellows would be looking to crack top 6
Isleshockeyman

Sep 12 @ 8:44 AM ET
I think the best players will play period. If Toews is ready and isn’t out of place he’s going to play of someone like Sbisa. I’m not worried about any 3rd liners blocking a more talented youngster if they’re ready. I hear what you’re saying but i do believe all the signings were for a reason. Even if that reason is as a healthy scratch.
- kindlyrick

I think you're right. I don't think the country club ways will continue. We obviously have an idea about the first 2 lines and the top pair on D (barring a trade). I want to see how this team looks. Not on paper, not on some fancy stats sheet, but in real life. I'm not very big on those corsi stats. Don't think they take into account the intangibles. Their numbers don't look good, but there's things they don't account for. Maybe they were put on a line with trash to help younger kids out. Maybe Filpula was out there with 2 sandbags. Perhaps Komarov was out there with 2 blind pylons. How would their numbers be good? How would Lee's numbers look if he was on a line with Boulton & Johnston? Or Bailey with CC & CC? Maybe these guys they signed will be ok. Maybe, and this is for you Cpt., they will completely suck.
Don't know why Johnston was given 4 years but, as has been mentioned many times, he can be buried in the A. Filpula, Komo, Mooseknuckle, I don't know how they're going to do. I am willing to give them a chance to show me before I pass too much judgement.
They brought them in as character guys. Locker room guys. At least Lou is doing something to try to change the culture of this team. Something Snowbag never did. You can't keep the same players and expect the culture to change. You have to shake things up. You have to bring in some different people in order to do that. I'll wait & see. I don't expect much from this team. Not expecting them to even sniff the playoffs. I hope they surprise me though.
Cpt., you can continue your cranky, negative bullshit, but until that first puck drops, not you, nor anyone else knows jack shit about how this team will perform. I know, you've said you hope they do good. But good God man, relax for a few minutes.
Isleshockeyman

Sep 12 @ 8:48 AM ET

Fillipula, “moose knuckle, and Komarov make up the third. Johnston will be in the A. So where is the blocking of the youth up front? The talented youth I.E Ho Sang and Bellows would be looking to crack top 6

- kindlyrick

I think that right there in bold is exactly what he's talking about. Lee, Barz, Ebs, Nelson, Ladd & Bailey are taking up the top 6 (maybe not Ladd). So JHS has to play his way in somewhere. Honestly, I think he's starting the year in the A. Unless he just has a tremendous camp and kills it.
Cptmjl
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 9:34 AM ET

- kindlyrick

With Eberle, Barzal, Lee, Bailey, Beau, Nelson, and Kovar there’s not much of a chance of anyone busting into the top 6 and that’s without even mentioning Ladd. The only possibility for them would be the third line. The point being which is as usual being missed in all of this is there’s a logjam of 4th liners and run of the mill to just bad players period occupying a lot of real estate on this team.
Cptmjl
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 9:36 AM ET
I think you're right. I don't think the country club ways will continue. We obviously have an idea about the first 2 lines and the top pair on D (barring a trade). I want to see how this team looks. Not on paper, not on some fancy stats sheet, but in real life. I'm not very big on those corsi stats. Don't think they take into account the intangibles. Their numbers don't look good, but there's things they don't account for. Maybe they were put on a line with trash to help younger kids out. Maybe Filpula was out there with 2 sandbags. Perhaps Komarov was out there with 2 blind pylons. How would their numbers be good? How would Lee's numbers look if he was on a line with Boulton & Johnston? Or Bailey with CC & CC? Maybe these guys they signed will be ok. Maybe, and this is for you Cpt., they will completely suck.
Don't know why Johnston was given 4 years but, as has been mentioned many times, he can be buried in the A. Filpula, Komo, Mooseknuckle, I don't know how they're going to do. I am willing to give them a chance to show me before I pass too much judgement.
They brought them in as character guys. Locker room guys. At least Lou is doing something to try to change the culture of this team. Something Snowbag never did. You can't keep the same players and expect the culture to change. You have to shake things up. You have to bring in some different people in order to do that. I'll wait & see. I don't expect much from this team. Not expecting them to even sniff the playoffs. I hope they surprise me though.
Cpt., you can continue your cranky, negative bullshit, but until that first puck drops, not you, nor anyone else knows jack shit about how this team will perform. I know, you've said you hope they do good. But good God man, relax for a few minutes.

- Isleshockeyman

IM COMPLETELY (frank)ING RELAXED!!!!!!

Cptmjl
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 9:37 AM ET
I think that right there in bold is exactly what he's talking about. Lee, Barz, Ebs, Nelson, Ladd & Bailey are taking up the top 6 (maybe not Ladd). So JHS has to play his way in somewhere. Honestly, I think he's starting the year in the A. Unless he just has a tremendous camp and kills it.
- Isleshockeyman

Most likely right.
Isleshockeyman

Sep 12 @ 9:40 AM ET
IM COMPLETELY (frank)ING RELAXED!!!!!!
- Cptmjl

Cptmjl
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 9:50 AM ET

- Isleshockeyman

The group think has run amok. In all seriousness if someone is discussing a topic with me I’m going to counter. That’s kind of the point of this whole thing here. Also, I’m completely relaxed. There’s not much positive to discuss about these signings so when they’re discussed guess what? It ain’t going to be rainbows and butterflies. Yes you are correct, none of us have a (frank)ing clue what’s going to happen for all I know we could win the Presidents trophy followed by the cup. Johnston can be the next Tom Wilson and we’re the second coming of Vegas. I’ve heard it all on here from Thomas hickey being a great defenseman to Garth Snow being a fantastic gm. One thing I will always do is give my opinion to discuss and debate. That’s the whole point you don’t want to read it move on to the next post bud I won’t be offended. I mean this in the most relaxed uncranky way🌈
kindlyrick
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 9:51 AM ET
With Eberle, Barzal, Lee, Bailey, Beau, Nelson, and Kovar there’s not much of a chance of anyone busting into the top 6 and that’s without even mentioning Ladd. The only possibility for them would be the third line. The point being which is as usual being missed in all of this is there’s a logjam of 4th liners and run of the mill to just bad players period occupying a lot of real estate on this team.
- Cptmjl

I think you’re gonna see a trade. Eberle is probably a goner, as is Nelson possibly
Cptmjl
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 9:56 AM ET
- kindlyrick

I hope so a lot of it is connected to former regime anxiety most likely. It’s all just falling into place the same way though isn’t it? Hahaha. Have shatty vets coming in on PTO’s a bunch of trash heap signings of players no other teams wanted a trade for a player who was a healthy scratch for the last 32 games and playoffs on his former team and a few decent prospects trying to bust through a jammed line up. We’ve all seen this before hopefully the ending is different.
Cptmjl
New York Islanders

Sep 12 @ 9:57 AM ET
I think you’re gonna see a trade. Eberle is probably a goner, as is Nelson possibly
- kindlyrick

It’s certainly possible. I’m not going to make pretend I have any idea what Lou’s going to do at this point.
Isleshockeyman

Sep 12 @ 10:08 AM ET
The group think has run amok. In all seriousness if someone is discussing a topic with me I’m going to counter. That’s kind of the point of this whole thing here. Also, I’m completely relaxed. There’s not much positive to discuss about these signings so when they’re discussed guess what? It ain’t going to be rainbows and butterflies. Yes you are correct, none of us have a (frank)ing clue what’s going to happen for all I know we could win the Presidents trophy followed by the cup. Johnston can be the next Tom Wilson and we’re the second coming of Vegas. I’ve heard it all on here from Thomas hickey being a great defenseman to Garth Snow being a fantastic gm. One thing I will always do is give my opinion to discuss and debate. That’s the whole point you don’t want to read it move on to the next post bud I won’t be offended.
- Cptmjl

1st Bold - Just bustin' your balls a little.

2nd Bold - What idiot ever said that? (not saying I don't believe you, just wondering what helmet-wearing idiot would think either of those 2 things).

3rd Bold - That's exactly what I'm doing. Throwing my opinion out there as well.

No one persons opinion counts anymore than anyone else's. It's why we all throw out there what we throw out there. It's that time of year when there isn't very much going on in the hockey world and everyone is giving their prognostications. So we sit here bs'ing with each other, busting chops, arguing, etc. You have a right to say what you want to say and so do I. You want to keep saying the signings suck, then so be it. I'm not a big fan of the signings but I'm going to mostly withhold judgement until I see them play several games. Maybe they'll surprise us. Maybe they'll suck just like I think they will. I am though looking at this as a lost season. Just my opinion. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about it.
Isleshockeyman

Sep 12 @ 10:11 AM ET
- kindlyrick

I'm thinking that as well. Although, those 2 won't fetch you too good of a return. A prospect or 2 and maybe a high draft pick might get it done.

Deleted Post []
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399, 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432, 433, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470, 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527, 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542, 543, 544, 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561, 562, 563, 564, 565, 566, 567, 568, 569, 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579, 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585, 586, 587, 588, 589, 590, 591, 592, 593, 594, 595, 596, 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627, 628, 629, 630, 631, 632, 633, 634, 635, 636, 637, 638, 639, 640, 641, 642, 643, 644, 645, 646, 647, 648, 649, 650, 651, 652, 653, 654, 655, 656, 657, 658, 659, 660, 661, 662, 663, 664, 665, 666, 667, 668, 669, 670, 671, 672, 673, 674, 675, 676, 677, 678, 679, 680, 681, 682, 683, 684, 685, 686, 687, 688, 689, 690, 691, 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697, 698, 699, 700, 701, 702, 703, 704, 705, 706, 707, 708, 709, 710, 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716, 717, 718, 719, 720, 721, 722, 723, 724, 725, 726, 727, 728, 729, 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736, 737, 738, 739, 740, 741, 742, 743, 744, 745, 746, 747, 748, 749, 750, 751, 752, 753, 754, 755, 756, 757, 758, 759, 760, 761, 762, 763, 764, 765, 766, 767, 768, 769, 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777, 778, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784, 785, 786, 787, 788, 789, 790, 791, 792, 793, 794, 795, 796, 797, 798, 799, 800, 801, 802, 803, 804, 805, 806, 807, 808, 809, 810, 811, 812, 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819, 820, 821, 822, 823, 824, 825, 826, 827, 828, 829, 830, 831, 832, 833, 834, 835, 836, 837, 838, 839, 840, 841, 842, 843, 844, 845, 846, 847, 848, 849, 850, 851, 852, 853, 854, 855, 856, 857, 858, 859, 860, 861, 862, 863, 864, 865, 866, 867, 868, 869, 870, 871, 872, 873, 874, 875, 876, 877, 878, 879, 880, 881, 882, 883, 884, 885, 886, 887, 888, 889, 890, 891, 892, 893, 894, 895, 896, 897, 898, 899, 900, 901, 902, 903, 904, 905, 906, 907, 908, 909, 910, 911, 912, 913, 914, 915, 916, 917, 918, 919, 920, 921, 922, 923, 924, 925, 926, 927, 928, 929, 930, 931, 932, 933, 934, 935, 936, 937, 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943, 944, 945, 946, 947, 948, 949, 950, 951, 952, 953, 954, 955, 956, 957, 958, 959, 960, 961, 962, 963, 964, 965, 966, 967, 968, 969, 970, 971, 972, 973, 974, 975, 976, 977, 978, 979, 980, 981, 982, 983, 984, 985, 986, 987, 988, 989, 990, 991, 992, 993, 994, 995, 996, 997, 998, 999, 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1008, 1009, 1010, 1011, 1012, 1013, 1014, 1015, 1016, 1017, 1018, 1019, 1020, 1021, 1022, 1023, 1024, 1025, 1026, 1027, 1028, 1029, 1030, 1031, 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037, 1038, 1039, 1040, 1041, 1042, 1043, 1044, 1045, 1046, 1047, 1048, 1049, 1050, 1051, 1052, 1053, 1054, 1055, 1056, 1057, 1058, 1059, 1060, 1061, 1062, 1063, 1064, 1065, 1066, 1067, 1068, 1069, 1070, 1071, 1072, 1073, 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084, 1085, 1086, 1087, 1088, 1089, 1090, 1091, 1092, 1093, 1094, 1095, 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099, 1100, 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104, 1105, 1106, 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118, 1119, 1120, 1121, 1122, 1123, 1124, 1125, 1126, 1127, 1128, 1129, 1130, 1131, 1132, 1133, 1134, 1135, 1136, 1137, 1138, 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146, 1147, 1148, 1149, 1150, 1151, 1152, 1153, 1154, 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161, 1162, 1163, 1164, 1165, 1166, 1167, 1168, 1169, 1170, 1171, 1172, 1173, 1174, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180, 1181, 1182, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189, 1190, 1191, 1192, 1193, 1194, 1195, 1196, 1197, 1198, 1199, 1200, 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208, 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212, 1213, 1214, 1215, 1216, 1217, 1218, 1219, 1220, 1221, 1222, 1223, 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228, 1229, 1230, 1231, 1232, 1233, 1234, 1235, 1236, 1237, 1238, 1239, 1240, 1241, 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245, 1246, 1247, 1248, 1249, 1250, 1251, 1252, 1253, 1254, 1255, 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261, 1262, 1263, 1264, 1265, 1266, 1267, 1268, 1269, 1270, 1271, 1272, 1273, 1274, 1275, 1276, 1277, 1278, 1279, 1280, 1281, 1282, 1283, 1284, 1285, 1286, 1287, 1288, 1289, 1290, 1291, 1292, 1293, 1294, 1295, 1296, 1297, 1298, 1299, 1300, 1301, 1302, 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309, 1310, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 1315, 1316, 1317, 1318, 1319, 1320, 1321, 1322, 1323, 1324, 1325, 1326, 1327, 1328, 1329, 1330, 1331, 1332, 1333, 1334, 1335, 1336, 1337, 1338, 1339, 1340, 1341, 1342, 1343, 1344, 1345, 1346, 1347, 1348, 1349, 1350, 1351, 1352, 1353, 1354, 1355, 1356, 1357, 1358, 1359, 1360, 1361, 1362, 1363, 1364, 1365, 1366, 1367, 1368, 1369, 1370, 1371, 1372, 1373, 1374, 1375, 1376, 1377, 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384, 1385, 1386, 1387, 1388, 1389  Next