Here are some bullet points on the Jonathan Drouin (and other) rumors I am hearing….
* The Lightning aren't apparently in a hurry. They are perfectly content NOT moving Drouin until the draft I am told…so therefore the price is too high right now.
* The Blues were already my favorite for Drouin, but today we find out they were the runner-up for Johansen… They are definitely craving offense…I heard Shattenkirk for Johansen…Not sure is they go Shattenkirk for Drouin…I have been getting mixed signals on that one…Were I a betting man I would say Shattenkirk for Drouin could happen at the draft…
* The Rangers offered Yandle and a strong forward prospect i am told…I also heard Drouin and Stamkos as a package to NY…but i don't see how that deal happens unless NY is blowing it up…
* Montreal is a growing factor for Drouin…I am told, as reported as well by Pierre MaGuire, the Lightning don't have an issue moving Drouin in the Division…They have also talked to Ottawa and tonight I was told the Lightning and Maple Leafs were talking….and NOT about Stamkos.
* It is sounding more and more like Columbus may add Werenski THIS season…they feel he is NHL Ready now and Zack is strongly considering it.
* Cam Atkinson is NOT in play right now…This is an example of a discussion that was had a few weeks back that is just now finding its way out. The Jackets can't move Cam now that RyJo is gone…
* As I reported the Jones for Johansen deal had many iterations, but the last one (before the Final deal was struck) I am told included Scotty Hartnell and Colin Wilson. I never heard exactly why it was pared down, but I assume the teams wanted to make sure they got the stars into practice today so both could play tomorrow night. That said…Hartnell for Wilson is still a VERY real possibility…It makes a ton of sense for both sides as well…
* The Preds may not be done even after that…I have heard hey may buyout a player and another roster player, one of the better forwards may not be long for the Preds as well. That one is a little disappointing to be honest….and I hope just a rumor. David Poile is having a BUSY month.
* I did find out about a Stamkos move which came VERY close to happening over the summer. It was nixed at the last minute by the team trading for Stamkos…However, I am told that team no longer will be a player for Stamkos.
* Byfuglien move could be next…One source tells me.."70% chance he is moved to either Boston or Florida.."
* Mike Richards also has interest from San Jose and Chicago….I am told he wanted less travel and to play in the east again.
Due to all the sudden trade activity I am going to have the Trade Rumor Chart up by the end of the week.
We will discuss all this and more on today's HockeyBuzzCast at 1pm Et
Try Relay: the free SMS and picture text app for iPhone.