And we’re back with another test of your hockey knowledge with “Who Am I?”!
You guys are keeping up with your reputation of being some rabidly knowledgeable hockey fans! Last weeks’, which I though was a bit tougher, got taken care of pretty quick, proving again to me that I cannot hope to stump you, only aim to have it take longer from week to week for someone to post the answer!
So let’s review last weeks:
1. I was the first player from my home country to play for this original six franchise. (First player from Finland to play for the Montreal Canadiens).
2. I played for a second original six franchise during my career, traded there after being put on, and not claimed off, waivers. (To Toronto from Dallas in November 2001).
3. I played for the same GM on two different teams. (Pat Quinn in Vancouver and Toronto)
4. On the team I played the majority of my NHL games, I was an award winning player at my position for four seasons. (Babe Pratt Trophy winner as the Vancouver Canucks Best Defenseman in 1992, 1994, 1996 & 1997).
5. I played for two relocated NHL franchises. (Phoenix Coyotes and Dallas Stars)
6. I was a third round draft pick. (57th overall by the Montreal Canadiens in 1986)
7. I was a member of the team that captured the first hockey medal in international competition for my country. (Silver medal for team Finland at the 1988 Winter Olympics)
8. I played in one Stanley Cup final. (1994 with Vancouver versus the New York Rangers)
9. Of the four times I changed teams, only once was the move not due to a trade. (Signed with Phoenix as a free agent in July 1998)
10. I am a part owner in a professional hockey team. (Ilves Tampere of the SM-Liiga in Finland)
Who Am I?
I am…Jyrki Lumme!!!
Now for the latest offering! You get these 10 facts about an individual in the game of hockey, past or present, and have to identify the person the clues are referring to. Post your answers in the comments, and I will post the answer in the next edition questions.
Some of the clues are specific, some vague, some a little sneaky! Regardless, I know you’ll do them justice! Here you go!!!
1. I was a first round draft pick.
2. At the time I was drafted I was the second highest draft pick ever from my country.
3. I played for six NHL teams
4. Since I have stopped playing I have been both an NHL scout and assistant coach.
5. I am currently a head coach.
6. I am a two time Olympian
7. I have twice been part of a trade package that saw current NHL Hall of Fame players coming the other way
8. I played for a franchise that relocated while I was a member.
9. The beginning of my NHL career was interrupted for two years due to this obligation I had in my home country.
10. In my 14 season NHL career I played in one Stanley Cup finals as a member of the losing team.
Good luck with this one folks! Share your answers in the comments and please do your best to provide answers to the 10 items that led you to the person of interest!
Facebook: Shawn Gates
Facebook Group: Hockeybuzz Collectibles
Previous “Who Am I?” Articles
Previous “Hockey Videos”
2012: Week 1
2012: Week 2
Pain for Pleasure
Nature Versus Sports
Previous “Points To Ponder” Articles
161 Players Overrate The Need To Offer Their Opinion
East vs West: Which Conference is Best?
Previous “Who Knew?” Articles
#1: Gordie Howe
#2: The Zamboni
#3: Maurice “The Rocket” Richard
#4: Ron Hextall
#5: Stanley Cup Abuse, Neglect and Versatility
#6: The Puck
#7: Don Cherry
#8: Cam Neely
#9: The Early Years of Les Canadiens
#10: Hockey Superstitions!
#11: Olympic Hockey Pt1
#12: Jarome Iginla
#13: Mark Messier
#14: Johnny Bower
Previous Product Previews & Reviews
2010-11 Donruss Hockey
2010-11 Panini Score Hockey
2010-11 Panini Certified Hockey
2010-11 ITG Ultimate Memorabilia, 10th Edition
2010-11 ITG Heroes & Prospects
2010-11 Panini Pinnacle Hockey
2011 UD National Hockey Card Day
2011 UD All Star Weekend Redemptions
2010-11 ITG Between The Pipes
Previous “WHAT IF…?” Articles
#1 What If The NHL Contracted To 24 Teams?
#2 What If Quebec Traded Lindros To The Rangers Instead Of The Flyers?
#3 What If Calgary Drafted Martin Brodeur Instead Of Trevor Kidd?
#3a What If Calgary Drafted Martin Brodeur Instead Of Trevor Kidd?: A RESPONSE
#4 What If The WHA Never Existed?
#5 What If The Position Of Rover Had Not Been Eliminated?
#6 What If Pittsburgh Had Not Been Awarded A Team In 1967?
#7 What If Steve Smith Had Not Scored In His Own Net In Game 7?
#8 What If The NHL Had a Cross-Conference Playoff Structure?
#9 What If The NHL Asked For Fan Ideas For Improving The Game??
#10 What If Henderson Had Missed The Net In Game 8?
#11 What If You Could Sneak Into A Stanley Cup Celebration?
#12 What If The NHL Returned To Quebec City?
#13 What if Toronto and Edmonton Had Traded Teams in 1981?
#14 What if You Could Create Your Own Hockey Dream Team?
#15 What if An Active Player in the NHL “Came Out” as Gay?
#16 You Could Assemble Your Own Fantasy Pick-up Hockey Team?
#17 Hockey Had A Champions League Tournament?
#18 Team "X" Did NOT Make Trade "Y" At The Deadline?
#19 Gretzky Had Been Called For he High Stick?
#20 Star Players Hadn't Had Their Careers Cut Short?
#21 Mark Cuban Owned An NHL Team?
#22 Should Divisional Play Be Overhauled?
#23 You Won The Lottery Using Jersey Numbers?
#24 You Could Change Any Teams Name?
Ultimate Set Build
Previous “Display Case” Articles
#1: The “Frankenstick!”
#2: Your desk has the right to remain collectable!
#3: Have Pads, Will Travel
#4: Pick a Pekka (Rinne) Autographed Mask
#5: Ted Lindsay Gets Kronwalled?
Previous "Devil's In The Details" Articles
#1: Beware the "Factory Sealed Box"!
#2: The Price Guide"
#3: What IS A Rookie Card?
#4: Beware the Money Order!
#5: The Counterfeit Gretzky RC
Previous Box Breaks
2010-11 Score Hockey
Previous “Devil's Advocate” Articles
Gary Bettman and the Phoenix Coyotes
Previous “According to Twitter” Articles
Olympic Gold Medal Game
Previous “Town Without A Team” Articles
Booger Hollow, Arkansas
Previous “Hockey Psychology” Articles
State Dependent Learning
Arousal and Performance