We are only two nights in, and we have yet to see the Dallas Stars, but there are already some truly fun reasons getting me into this season...
Here are my Ek’s Factor Players for the Opening Two Nights
* Wayne Simmonds> I have to say my bar was low for what Wayne had left, but if all he does this year is what he did in helping turn around the Leafs opener, which was SO important psychologically to win, it will be worth it.
* Alex Romanov> Montreal is set with this kid. So smooth and solid. looks like he has played in the NHL forever
* Joel Farabee> He is still crazy young, but for those who said he was rushed last year...nope. He looks every bit an NHLer and alone with the return of Nolan Patrick has the Flyers looking as strong as the prognosticators were all saying.
* Mathew Barazal> See the goal last night and tell me he isn’t ready.
* Kirill Kaprizov> He lived up to his billing and more last night. This is a world class player and he really showed it for the Wild, winning it OT.
* Connor McDavid>. Ok, not so much an Ek’s Factor as simply THE FACTOR. See what he did to Edler last night with that move and tell me there is anyone better.
* Jeff Carter> Yes...Jeff Carter was skating like he did 5 years ago last night. If he keeps it up, and its obviously mental, he changes things in LA.
* Patrik Laine> Holy cow. My pick that he’d win the Rocket.....not looking so bad. I don’t think you’d find 3 other players in the NHL that score that OT goal.
* Conor Garland> This kid is special and maybe the best player on the Coyotes. I am telling you he is the most underrated guy right now.
* Taylor Hall>. The Sabres may have to win games 7-6, but Hall looks so comfortable in those truly amazing new Sabres Jerseys...
Who were some of the players you’ve noticed so far?